After six years of ready, Worlds 2022 is again in NA and the schedule is lastly revealed.
The final time the primary occasion within the League of Legends calendar was held in NA was the 12 months 2016 when SK Telecom T1 bested Samsung Galaxy in 5 video games. In late November 2022, Riot knowledgeable the followers the Worlds could be coming again, not simply to the USA, however to North America as an entire. The deliberate occasion would happen throughout three international locations, Mexico, Canada, and USA.
Sadly, the plans needed to change because the Canada portion of the occasion needed to be moved to Atlanta, attributable to some anticipated visa points gamers might’ve skilled. The semifinals initially scheduled to be held in Scotia Financial institution Area in Toronto was moved to the State Farm Area, the house of the Atlanta Hawks.
The event will begin on September 29 with the play-in stage that will likely be performed in Mexico Metropolis. Then it’s going to transfer to the US and the Grand Finals will ultimately be performed in San Fransisco on November 5. The complete schedule is:
- Play-Ins: September 29-October 4 on the Area Esports Stadium at Artz Pedregal in Mexico Metropolis, Mexico;
- Teams: October 7-10 and October 13-16 on the Hulu Theater in Madison Sq. Backyard in New York Metropolis;
- Quarterfinals: October 20-23 on the Hulu Theater in Madison Sq. Backyard in New York Metropolis;
- Semifinals: October 29-30 on the State Farm Area in Atlanta, Georgia;
- Finals: November 5 at Chase Heart in San Francisco, California.
— LoL Esports (@lolesports) July 21, 2022
On high of the schedule of the occasion, we additionally realized in regards to the seeding that will likely be used within the occasion. The stage seedings and the staff allocations, twelve Play-in groups and twelve routinely certified groups, would be the similar as final 12 months, with the one exception of the LCL slot going to the LEC. The League of Legends Continental League is the CIS regional league, which had been canceled in the course of its Spring 2022 cut up because of the ongoing battle in Ukraine. With the Summer time Cut up additionally not being performed, one additional European consultant will likely be going to Worlds 2022. The factors for the selection is the area with the most effective worldwide performances within the final two years, with out already having 4 seeds.
- China (LPL) – 4th Seed
- Korea (LCK) – 4th Seed
- Europe (LEC) – third and 4th Seed
- North America (LCS) – third Seed
- Southeast Asia (PCS) – 2nd Seed
- Vietnam (VCS) – 2nd Seed
- Brazil (CBLOL) – 1st Seed
- Japan (LJL) – 1st Seed
- Latin America (LLA) – 1st Seed
- Oceania (LCO) -1st Seed
- Turkey (TCL) – 1st Seed
Group Stage Groups
- China (LPL) – 1st, 2nd, and third Seeds
- Korea (LCK) – 1st, 2nd, and third Seeds
- Europe (LEC) – 1st and 2nd Seeds
- North America (LCS) – 1st and 2nd Seeds
- Southeast Asia (PCS) – 1st Seed
- Vietnam (VCS) – 1st Seed
- 4 groups certified from the Play-ins
There hasn’t been any info on when the tickets will likely be accessible to followers, however it’s anticipated Riot will make an announcement about it within the upcoming weeks.
For extra information in regards to the Worlds 2022 and extra, observe us on ESTNN.